Daytona Beach may be known to many for NASCAR and bike week, but it's also a family friendly place to visit. There are a lot of things to do for families in the Daytona Beach area, if you feel like leaving the beach. If you are not sure which hotel to pick when visiting the area with children, you are in luck. There are plenty of good options to choose from.
Here are family friendly hotels in Daytona Beach that you will want to consider checking out:
1. Perry's Ocean Edge Resort. This is a great place for families to stay. They have three swimming pools, including one that is a kiddie pool. They even offer kid suites, where kids have their own little room off of the main room. The kid's room has bunk beds, their own television, and they are decorated for kids. In the morning, head down to the breakfast area for free freshly made donuts! They also offer plenty of outdoor space for the kids to run around and are on a good spot on the beach. Families can't go wrong by staying at Perry's Ocean Edge Resort.
2. Sun Viking Lodge. At the Sun Viking Lodge you can get a family friendly room that has a kitchenette. They also offer two swimming pools, one indoor and one outdoors, and they have a water slide. The kids will have fun on using the water slide.
3. Hilton Daytona Beach Resort / Ocean Walk Village. This hotel offers a kids zone, where kids can go and play. They also offer activities there for the kids. They also offer things like games, storytelling, video game, ping pong, sand art, hula hoop contests, and more. Their location is also in good proximity to the Ocean Walk Shoppes, where you will find restaurants, a movie theater, and more. It's close enough to walk to the activities on the Boardwalk and to Daytona Lagoon.
4. Holiday Inn Hotel & Suite on the Ocean. The Holiday Inn located at 930 N. Atlantic is family friendly. They even let us have our daughter's 10th birthday party at the pool area. We were able to invite her friends and have an area to set up for the party. Most hotels in the area will not allow this (we checked), but they do and they were great! The hotel room was also a lot of fun. We got a room that had a hot tub in the little sitting area. The kids had a great time in that for hours. The room had a pull out couch for the kids to sleep on, which was separated some from the main bed, giving the parents a little privacy.
5. El Caribe Resort. This hotel is good for families because it's budget friendly, has a good location, and they offer two pools, plus a kiddie pool. They also offer rooms with a kitchenette, as well as an outdoor grilling area.
There are other family friendly hotels in Daytona Beach, but if you want one right on the beach that offers something special for families keep these in mind. They are a great place to start your search and begin comparing hotel costs, amenities, and locations.