Looking for things to do while visiting Daytona Beach during the fall and winter? No problem! The great thing visiting the Daytona Beach area is that you will always find fun things to do. You can always still hit up the beach for some rest, relaxation, and to take a beautiful walk or run. Many people visiting Daytona Beach during the fall and winter are still able to get in the water and enjoy some swimming, paddling, and boarding, too. The good news is that there are also things you can do in Daytona Beach when you are ready to give the beach a break.
Here are 10 things to do in the fall and winter while visiting Daytona Beach:
- Take a hike. Daytona Beach is located in Volusia County, where there are plenty of great hiking trails. You will find dirt trails to hit up in the woods, or you can stroll along some of the paved and boardwalk trails. You will find great hiking trails all around the Daytona Beach area without ever leaving the county. If you are looking for a nice nearby place to take a hike or scenic walk check out this list of Daytona Beach area hikes.
- Take an boat ride. The Daytona Beach area has plenty of water surrounding it. You can take an eco-boat ride to learn about the environment, see dolphins, take a dinner cruise, or just for fun and for the scenery. The boat rides are a great way to relax and see some of old natural Florida. Depending on where you take one you may get a chance to see alligators, lots of birds, turtles, dolphins, and other wildlife.
- Go kayaking. Volusia County is a great place to go kayaking. There are numerous places in the Daytona Beach area that offers it, giving you a chance to check out places like the Halifax River or Spruce Creek River. You can take a guided kayak tour or you can rent them and head out on your own. Good places to look into for kayaking include Cracker Creek, the Marine Discovery Center, Blue Spring State Park, and Tomoka State Park.
- Bike the trails. If you are bringing a bike to the Daytona Beach are you are in luck. We have miles and miles of paved bike trails you can check out! We also have some mountain biking trails (check out Doris Leeper in Port Orange for mountain bike trails). If you won't have a bike with you then consider renting one so you can check out some of the trails. You can ride for miles and see lots of natural beauty. See a list of the local paved bike trails here.
- Visit the lighthouse. With the weather being pleasant it is a great time to climb the 203 steps of the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse to the top. Once you are up there you will get a wonderful panoramic view of the Daytona Beach area. If you can make the trek up the steps it is well worth it for the view and pictures you can take up there.
- Check out a park. The Daytona Beach area has some beautiful parks to check out. If you are visiting Daytona Beach during the winter months you will want to go to Blue Spring State Park to see the manatees. Other great parks to check out include Canaveral National Seashore to see the Native American shell middens and see the old tree at Bulow Woods.
- Space out. When visiting Daytona Beach you will only be about an hour away from Kennedy Space Center. If you are at all interested in space or launches you will want to check it out. There's a lot to see at the place and you may get lucky and be visiting Daytona when there's a launch scheduled. If you are, you will be able to see it right from the beach. But if you want a great view, head down to Jetty Park, where you will have a fantastic view of the launch.
- Learn to surf. If you are visiting Daytona Beach you may want to take a quick surf lesson. Even if you don't have enough time to get multiple lessons in it will give you a chance to see what surfing is all about. Surf lessons are offered at numerous places in the area, including Pure Life Surf School.
- Visit the racetrack. Daytona Beach has a history with racing and NASCAR. If you have interest in those things you will want to take the tour offered at the Speedway, or at least stop by to take a look at the place. They even offer a little selfie station out front. Race fans will also want to visit Racing's North Turn for a bit of history and nostalgia.
- Dine with a view. There are some great restaurants near the water in the Daytona Beach area, giving you a chance to dine with a great view. Some popular options include Aunt Catfish's on the River, Our Deck Down Under, Breaker's, and Land Shark. Be sure to take and post a few photos to make folks back home just a little bit jealous!
When visiting Daytona Beach you will find some great things to do. Whether you are into hanging out at the beach, hitting the trails, or exploring some different restaurants it's all here. The area offers a lot to do, but it also offers a laid back lifestyle. When you are in Daytona Beach you are on beach time!