Plant based dining is increasingly growing in popularity. If you are a plant based eater, or if you are a vegan, and you are planning a vacation to the Daytona Beach area you may wonder where you will be able to eat. The good news is that you will be just fine, there are numerous great places where people can find plant based food in the Daytona Beach area. Knowing where to go ahead of time can save you a lot of time and keep you from getting hangry!
Plant Based Groceries
If you will be staying in a condo rental and want to buy some plant based groceries for your stay, stop into any local Publix grocery store. They usually have a large selection of plant based foods. Within their produce department they all usually have a section of plant based foods, which includes vegan cheeses, deli slices, sausages, and more. They also offer vegan salad dressings in that department as well. Hop over to their "dairy" department and you will find a wide selection of plant based milk options, Just egg, plant based yogurts and butters, and more. In their frozen food section they offer a whole section of plant based options, including Gardein and MorningStar Farms products, as well as a variety of other options. You will have no problem finding frozen vegan burritos, bowls, and other options.
Planted Based Dining
You are in luck when dining out plant based or vegan in the Daytona Beach area. You will find numerous great options. We have only a couple of all vegan restaurants, but there are others that offer plant based options. Here are some of the places you will want to consider checking out:
- Kale Cafe. Located at 116 N. Beach Street in Daytona Beach, they offer vegan Caribbean food. You can have some tofu, seitan, mac and cheese, or their popular in-house veggie burger, among other options.
- Evolve Modern Vegan Kitchen. Located at 318 Seabreeze Ave in Daytona Beach, you can dig into a Buffalo chickun sandwich, southern fried chickun, loosemeat sandwiches, and more. They offer a variety of options and everything is 100% plant based.
- Dancing Avocado Kitchen. Located at 110 S. Beach Street, they are a place where herbivores and carnivores can dine in harmony. They offer numerous plant based options, including tofu scramble, vegan waffles, avocado toast, and more.
- Oliv Epicurean Grill. Located at 701 Ridgewood in Daytona Beach, this place offers a variety of plant based options, including falafel wraps and bowls. Think Chipotle, but for Mediterranean cuisine. Pick your entree and walk through the preparation, telling them what you want on it.
- Daytona Pizza & Wing Company. Want vegan pizza? Stop by this place at 316 Seabreeze Ave in Daytona Beach. Vegan pies include mac and cheese, the tree hugger, falafel pie, spinach artichoke, and more.
- Pasha Middle East Cafe. Located at 919 W. International Speedway Blvd in Daytona Beach, they offer falafel wraps, stuffed grape leaves, and a variety of other plant based options. They have been pleasing palates for over 30 years!
- Wild Rabbit Cafe. Located a few minutes down the road at 48 E. Granada in Ormond Beach, this restaurant offers many plant based options, including bowls, wraps, tofu scramble, acai bowls, and more.
Eating plant based while in the Daytona Beach area is a breeze. You will find some great options right in Daytona Beach. If you are willing to drive a few minutes more you can will find additional places to try. To see an in-depth vegan dining guide for the Daytona Beach area, click here.