When you visit the Daytona Beach area are planning to spend a lot of time on the beach. But there is no doubt that you will get hungry. Really hungry! And that means you will want to fine some great places to dine out at while you are on your vacation. The good news is that there are some great restaurants in the Daytona Beach area that tourists (and locals) love alike!
Here are 10 Daytona Beach restaurants tourists will love:
1. Top of Daytona. Located on the 29th floor, you will get your best dining view here. This restaurants offers a view of the ocean like no other. The restaurant has pleasing people since it opened in 1974. It was even in the movie "Days of Thunder," starring Tom Cruise.
2. Racing's North Turn. If you are a racing fan you will not want to miss stopping in at Racing's North Turn, located in Ponce Inlet. The restaurants sits right where the north turn of the car races on the beach took place and is being recognized as a Historic Landmark.
3. Sloppy Joe's. It may have originated in Key West, but people love to check out the place that Hemmingway suggested the name for, since it was a bar he used to like to hang out at. Located on the beach in Daytona Beach, you can also get a great view.
4. Caribbean Jack's. Located on the river in Daytona Beach, you will enjoy the food, entertainment, and views here. And there's even a place to dock your boat!
5. Tia Cori's Tacos. Located on Beach Street in Daytona Beach, this place has been called addictive by some. It's a small restaurant that packs a powerful punch with the locals. If Mexican food is what you are craving, this is the place to be. And every Friday night you can hear live mariachi.
6. Zen Bistro. This restaurant is located in Daytona Beach and offers some of the best Thai food around. The atmosphere is nice, offering indoor and outdoor patio seating, and the food is great.
7. Crabby Joe's Deck & Grill. You can't get closer to the water than dining at Crabby Joe's Deck. This restaurant is on the pier, offering great views all around.
8. Our Deck Down Under. This seafood restaurant is located on the Halifax River in Port Orange. It is a favorite of both locals and tourists. They offer casual dining on the river, with outdoor seating that provides you with a great view and atmosphere.
9. Captain Daddy's Riverboat Restaurant. Located on the Halifax River in Port Orange, this restaurant gives you a chance to dine on the water. With both indoor and outdoor seating available, you can catch a great view and maybe see some of the dolphins that are often spotted in the river.
10. Aunt Catfish's on the River. This restaurant, which is located on the Halifax River in Port Orange, is a local favorite. They are especially known for the Sunday brunch and their cinnamon rolls.
You most likely won't make it to all of these places, but that's okay. Just hitting up one or two of them will give you a place to dine that both tourists and locals love. There are many restaurants in the Daytona Beach area, ranging from your typical fast food to gourmet experiences. It's your vacation, dine as you please!