If you are visiting the Daytona Beach area as a family you will find plenty to do. Sure, you know about the beach, and you know about all the theme parks a mile away. But there are also some fun things that families can do right in the Daytona Beach area that you won't want to miss. Whether you do them all or you only choose one, you are sure to still have fun!
Here are 8 great places for families to visit in the Daytona Beach area:
1. Marine Science Center. You are near the ocean, so why not learn about marine life? The first stop is at the Marine Science Center, located in Ponce Inlet. You will learn about a variety of marine life, as well as see and touch some of them. The center also does sea turtle and sea bird rehabilitation.
2. Marine Discovery Center. Stopping by here, located in New Smyrna Beach, you will get a chance to learn more about marine life. You can also take a guided eco-boat tour or family canoeing trip. There are also fun classes offered at the center. Even adults find the information interesting and the activities fun.
3. Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Located in Ponce Inlet, if you climb the steps to the top you cannot beat the view. You will get a 360 degree view of the area that makes for a great photo opportunity.
4. Daytona Lagoon. Sure, you have the water at the beach, but your family will have a lot of fun at Daytona Lagoon, too! This water park offers slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, go-karts, and other indoor activities. It's a fun family destination!
5. Cracker Creek. Learn a little about old Florida at this beautiful place. You can rent a kayak or canoe to go down the river, or take one of their eco-boat tour rides. Just hanging out on the grounds there is fun, too.
6. Blue Spring State Park. If you are visiting during the winter you will want to go here to see the manatees that all seek warmth in the river. Get there early in the day for the best shot at viewing them and beating the park closing due to reaching capacity. If you are visiting during the summer months you can rent a tube and float around the river in the natural cool spring. There are also hiking trails, kayak rentals, and an eco-boat tour you can take.
7. Stand Up Paddleboarding. This is something you can try out as a family fun adventure. You can do stand up paddleboarding on the Halifax River. Here are some places to check out for doing this: New Smyrna Stand Up, Paddleboard New Smyrna, Ponce Inlet Watersports, and Three Brother's Boards.
8. Daytona Ice Arena. The family can go ice skating together. You don't have to know how to skate either, because they will give you walkers to use to hold onto until you feel comfortable without them.
This is just a look at some of what there is to do in the Daytona Beach area. There are other options too, depending on if you are a race fan, water sports fan, etc. From race track tours to surfing lessons, there are plenty of family friendly activities in the area to consider!