If you are visiting the Daytona Beach area you will find there are plenty of things to do. You may also decide you just want to sit and relax on the beach all day, too, which is fine. We don't blame you a bit for wanting to do that. But there are some fun ways to explore the area as well.
If you are looking to get out of your sand chair and see something, you may want to consider one of these five ways to explore the Daytona Beach area:
1. Boat tour. There are numerous boat tours you can take in the Daytona Beach area, giving you a relaxing view of the area. You can take guided tours, such as on the Manatee Cruise, take a dinner cruise on the Spectacular Scenic River Cruise & Dinner, or you can even rent your own boat. Groupon often has rental deals where you can get a good rate on renting your own boat for a full or half day. Additionally, you may want to consider kayaking, which is offered by several places in the area, including the Marine Discovery Center.
2. Stand-up paddleboard. Taking a stand-up paddleboard tour of the area will give you a new perspective. You don't have to have experience. This is for all levels and even kids can do usually participate. Check for specials with places such as New Smyrna Standup and Ponce Inlet Watersports.
3. Segway tour. This is a good option for those who want to see the area, but don't want to work up a sweat to do it. There are segway tours offered 7 days per week. You can even hook up with them for group, specialty, or night tours. You can contact Segway of Daytona at 504-564-7347.
4. Hike. There are some great places in the area to take a hike, seeing a unique and natural perspective of the area. Some great hikes near the beaches and that are not far away include the Coastal Strand Trail, Bulow Creek State Park, and Smyrna Dunes State Park.
5. Jeep rental. If you want a fun way to get around the beach and Daytona Beach are while visiting, consider renting a Jeep. You can go topless and enjoy the breeze in your hair. Daytona Jeep Rental offers rentals all week long.